Sunday 19 September 2010

Generosity...

Today I was listening to the radio on my way home from work and the guest speaker quoted a very important thought...

' Generosity is a state of mind - not a state of wealth'...

I related this to my life:

Yesterday in the grocery store, I was paying for my items.. There was a very timid looking labourer waiting behind me with a few cosmetic items and was struggling to put together a few coins to pay for it... Now, I am by no means a millionaire but I do have enough to help him out and pay for his goods... Those couple of dinars for his simple items are the price of something like a starbucks which we as middle-class take for granted... It gave me such an immense feeling to see the smile on his face - he was in pure shock - I just hope I made his day and helped him out in someway..

If we all did this - can you just imagine the impact it would have on their lives ?

No comments:

Post a Comment