Tuesday 12 April 2011

A home without books... Is a body without soul

I like nothing more than to curl up in my comfy 'malm' or on my sofa with a good book... When I become immsered in a tale, I simply cannot put it down - that book will go everywhere with me... I remember when I was younger and I used to ask my parents if I could politely continue reading whilst we ate dinner as I was glued to the plotline...

I also love to share books with loved ones and friends... An old or used book has so much character...

I am currently reading the 'Bookseller of Kabul' which I am enjoying but hasn't got that 'gripping edge' to it which I thrive on... I cannot read half of a book though so I am determined to finish it :-)

As I am a teacher, reading is part of my daily life.. and I like nothing more than in a lesson, to sit my children around me on the carpet and read them a story... No matter how hyper or fiddley they are, they all stop and listen intently... They are so eager to hear the end and become wide-eyed at the adventure being read to them... This doesn't have to be an English class... I taught Geography today and a lovely young girl in my class had concidently brought in a book on Asian folk tales so I read them a wonderful story set in Sri-Lanka about a one-eyed monster trying to scare villagers away from the farm land... They loved it :-)

This simple activity reminds me why I love my job so much....


No comments:

Post a Comment