Saturday 30 April 2011

Friendships


I grew up traveling around the world due to my father's job... always changing schools... I attended 14 to be precise (!)... Therefore, it was perfectly 'normal' for friends to come and go... I always got used to being the 'new kid in class'...

I found myself sighing and saying: "here we go again, time to make a new group of friends"... I remember always getting 'addresses' before I left, and having friends scattered around the globe with whom my mom would help me write regular  letters to....

I strived through these friendship difficulties and I believe these experiences have made me who I am today... I am definitely not one who has a 'big gang of acquittances', but a select few close, meaningful friends... Which I find to be more real...

The moments I experience with close friends are like a fairy tale... It's always an amazing feeling when you not only discover friends who 'enjoy what you enjoy', but people who truly understand you and vice versa....

But, it always felt like just when the friendship was being sealed, it was also time to take our final picture for remembrance as one of us would move on to another part of the world...

But, thus is the 'expat' life, so they say...

Now with social networking, there are so many ways to check where your old friends are and I have luckily managed to keep in touch with many around the world... and strangely enough, you gradually begin to realize what a small place we live in... paths cross and people meet for various reasons at different times in their lives...

I am thankful for the many wonderful friends I have worldwide... you are all special to me in many unique and wonderful ways...

I was browsing some photos of myself and close friends... weirdly discovering the ones I have posted below have strange coincidence's attached to them... we have all crossed paths in life at various times... Incredible :-)

Sarah - friendship in two continents... my oldest friend :)

Middle East girls re-united 

Dubai - Bahrain ... and back to Dubai ? ... :)


Road-tripping with the girls, UAE
Belle Jordan 

No comments:

Post a Comment