Tuesday 25 January 2011

Awaken your imagination

'There are some days when I think I'm going to die from an overdose of satisfaction' Dali

Another arty post I know but I feel I've been strongly feeding the creative part of my soul recently... Maybe it could be linked to the research I am undertaking for the topics I am teaching in Art this term or growing up and my brothers influence ? Dali artwork sprawled out around the house which he had painted in his school years?... Anyhow, this month is a great month to be feeling artsy in Bahrain :-) I recently found out that there is going to be an exhibition of incredible artists such as Dali, Piccaso and Rembrandt....

I am particularly excited about seeing Dali's work (spanish surrealist)... His imagination seemed to be so deep and intricate - imagine him being one of your '5 people you would want a dinner party'?! .... I think as well as Dali being an incredibly eccentric and talented individual, what inspires me as that he was so close to his mother who died from the incredibly painful disease - cancer...

Dali on his mother"was the greatest blow I had experienced in my life. I worshipped her... I could not resign myself to the loss of a being on whom I counted to make invisible the unavoidable blemishes of my soul." ... I guess I can relate because that quote is 'too close to home' ... ?

But for now, I'm going to sit back and dream like Dali did - that would be a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment