Saturday 1 January 2011

01.01.11

My first post of the wonderful New Year of New Beginnings... 01.01.11

Last sunset of 2010

First of all, Happy New Year to all :-) ... I hope this year is beautiful, magical and you can fulfill all your dreams... I know I am going to live each day to the fullest...

2010 was not a negative year, but a learning year for me... and 'what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger'...

I finished my Postgraduate in Education in July 2010 which has enabled me to purse my dream of teaching and inspiring others... I managed to work in my chosen school and be given the opportunity to teach two years groups various subjects... It definitely hasn't been easy, I am still learning every day but I am trying my hardest to ensure this first year of teaching is a successful and memorable one in my life...

Here are a few life lessons I've learnt in 2010...

1. Always Love oneself, family and dear friends - never forget who is most important
2. Forgive and forget - anger only festers and destroys oneself
3. The past is the past - never dwell - look to the future...
4. Always smile  - there is always someone going through something far worse
5. Give whenever possible, even if it's just tipping the man washing your car... 'give and you will recieve'
6. My job is my number 1 priority - without it, I wouldn't be able to teach, inspire and scope the mind's of tomorrow....

The biggest revelation I felt this year, was when I realised that as soon as I let go of past hurt and forgave past events, I would feel complete again...
The sun was shining all along, and all i had to do was let it in.... and i did. and I felt so free...

My resolution for 2011 is to keep shining like a star... to stay true to myself... you can interpret the 'shining star' thing anyway you like but I feel it just 'sums' up the way I feel right now :-)

This year, I will not settle for anything less than I deserve, ensure my family are all in good health and happy (as this is most important), keep good friends close, and, most importantly, stay true to myself...

This year I have really learnt to understand myself, feel comfortable with myself as Lucy and not a part of someone else ... If my gut tells me something is not right, I can now strongly say, I can listen to that gut feeling and confidently go with it. I have let friends go which weren't really friends and now focus on the one's who matter... I may not have a big group of friends, but I certainly have a few very special ones scattered around the world...

Travelling is a huge passion of mine, but instead of trying to plan ahead and go crazy with travel plans, I am just going to let it flow, it will slip into place.... and I will climb Kilimanjaro one day when the time is right :-)

My plan is to look back on this entry in 2011 and be able to say with confidence that I lived up to my own expectations. I certainly plan to try my hardest :-)

I woke up this morning and heard a John Mayer song called 'Clarity' which has a song line in that I feel represents my feeling of today...

'This morning, there's a calm I can't explain...The rock candy's melted and only diamonds now remain...'


No comments:

Post a Comment