Monday 14 March 2011

Stubbed out. For good.

I am proud to say, cigarettes are no longer a part of my life... I've dabbled with smoking on and off but can finally say they I'm done with those 'cancer sticks'... It's been about a month now that I have been smoke-free and am very happy to say I'm going strong.


Honestly, quitting smoking was not something I felt I would be able to undertake easily as it really is a killer to achieve... ironic huh? I put this milestone in my life down to simply being the 'complete' person I have longed to be for a while... This year has *touch wood* been perfect so far and I can only keep positive that it will remain to be an amazing year full of surprises and beautiful moments...


For those of you who need motivation to quit, there are hundreds of reasons why you should... the obvious one being - LIVING BETTER AND LIVING LONGER :-)


On another note, Lent has recently started and is known as 'a season of reflection, soul-searching and repentance'... This major achievement in my life I am going to consider 'my permanent Lent accomplishment'... as traditionally, Lent is meant to be a time of 'sacrificing something for 40 days...' According to some quick research, by observing the forty days of Lent, the individual Christian imitates Jesus’ withdrawal into the wilderness for forty days...


Goodbye





No comments:

Post a Comment